The aim of this video is to give you an overview about the process of building the FindOrCreateUser method.
- Alright so in the last video we've prepared…a lot of the logic.…We also created the routs needed for our application…and that's really the logic that's needed to get…Socialite running.…Now there is one last step, and this is kind of…an important step, and that's why I wanted to take it…a little bit slower than what we did with some of the…stuff in the last video, and I wanted to break it out…into its own video.…So for this video, we're gonna be focusing on the…second part of adding all of that logic to our controllers,…and we're gonna focus on building the…FindOrCreateUser method.…So you guys saw this in the last video.…
Basically, this is where we decide…we're gonna take the user's information,…we're gonna see if they have a current account,…if they've logged in before, and we're going to…handle it appropriately.…Okay, so that's the focus of this video.…We're gonna build out just that FindOrCreateUser…helper method, and that'll complete the logic…that's needed for our application to start accepting…social logins.…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.