Learn how to blueprint a web application before starting development to get organized, to solve problems, and to free Your mind for coding. Walk through the blueprint for building a content management system (CMS).
- [Instructor] We will begin creating…our database driven project by learning…how to blueprint an application.…The web application that we're going to be building…is a Content Management System.…Or CMS, for short.…The idea is to have private webpages…which administrators can use to create…and edit website content.…But the public has different pages…where they can read the content…but which are not editable.…An essential first step when beginning any web project…is to create a project blueprint.…If the site is simple, you may be able…to simply type up a few notes or draw a picture…on a single piece of paper.…
If your site's complex, you may need page mock-ups…and flowcharts to keep track of everything.…The fundamental idea, in either case,…is to take what's in your head and to put it on paper.…So that you can look it over and assess it…before you start your work.…It helps you to clarify the work that's ahead.…And forces you to think about problems…that you might otherwise have put off…until you were well down the road with your development.…
- Organizing project files
- Including and requiring files
- Working with URL parameters
- Encoding dynamic content
- Modifying headers and page redirection
- Creating forms and processing form data
- MySQL basics
- Using PHP to access database tables
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting database records with PHP
- Validating data
- Preventing SQL injection
Skill Level Beginner
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. Start a Database-Driven Project
2. Build Web Pages with PHP
3. Headers and Redirects
4. Build Forms with PHP
5. MySQL Basics
6. Use PHP to Access MySQL
7. CRUD with PHP
8. Validate Data with PHP
9. Prevent SQL Injection
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.