Join Justin Yost for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced Guzzle request options, part of Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzle.
- [Teacher] Up to this point,…we've done some fairly basic work with Guzzle…handling different types of requests,…working with sending query and request data,…and sending asynchronous and concurrent requests.…Now we want to explore some of the…more advanced options with Guzzle…that may be of use later on.…To do this, we are going to use…a file snippets.txt in the exercise files for this lesson.…We'll open up this file,…and we'll select all of it and copy it.…Now we'll go to our text editor…and create a new file.…
Call it advanced.php.…And paste in the contents from our snippets.txt file.…Let's explore what we have here in this file.…First, we'll go all the way up to the top.…And on line nine, we have a section…talking about how we have a progress.…As one of the options for a request,…we can pass a progress key as we see on line 14.…This takes a call back that accepts…the expected total number of bytes…to be downloaded,…the current number of downloaded bytes…or if we're uploading data,…the current uploaded total number of bytes…
- Installing Guzzle
- Sending basic requests
- Sending asynchronous requests
- Sending concurrent requests
- Sending query data
- Sending request data
- Advanced Guzzle request options
- Reviewing basic Guzzle responses
- Processing response headers
- Reviewing PSR-7 requests, responses, bodies, and headers
Skill Level Intermediate
Building APIs in PHP Using the Slim Micro Frameworkwith Keith Casey1h 52m Intermediate
PHP: Clean URLs on Apache Serverwith David Powers1h 36m Intermediate
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
1. Guzzle Basics
2. Requests with Guzzle
3. Responses with Guzzle
4. Guzzle and PSR-7
5. Testing and Guzzle
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.