This video gives you an overview about how to access a subscriber’s information within a presence channel.
- [Instructor] Alright, now what I wanted to do…in this video is we kinda wanna,…just before we leave the concept of a presence channel,…and move on to events,…what I wanna do is kinda move back…and talk about something that we briefly skipped over…in the last few videos,…and that was getting information about the users…that are in the channel.…So, in this video what we're gonna focus on…is getting all of the available information…about the users that are currently…in the presence channel with us.…So, we wanna see who else is in the room,…and the information that's available about them…and how we can process that.…
We want to update the information…as users enter and leave the room.…So, if someone leaves the room,…we want to know that they are no longer in there,…and specifically who left and so forth.…And then, we also want to make sure…to configure the information that is available…to the users in the room,…what they can see about a user and so forth.…So, let's go ahead and take a look at this.…So, what we're gonna be doing…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.