Learn how to add the MySQL installation directory to a bin and configure PATH environment variables using command line. At that point, running executables from the command line offers a lot more flexibility.
- [Voiceover] When working with MySQL on Windows,…there might be times…when you want to work with the application…from the command line.…When you install MySQL on Windows,…the MySQL binary directory…isn't added to your system path automatically.…So, if you wanted to issue MySQL commands,…you would have to go to a command prompt…and then from there…you'd have to switch to the program files directory…and from there to MySQL,…MySQL Server 5.7…or the version you're working with…and then the bin directory.…
And then you can run the executables,…but it's a lot more convenient…if you can run that from anywhere.…So from the command line,…after switching to this directory,…I'm going to copy the directory to the clipboard.…I'll go to the command menu…and I'll choose Edit, Mark,…then I'll click and drag…and I'll select just the directory name…and then I'll press ctrl c.…Next I'll go to my Control Panel.…I'll type environment.…
I'll click Edit the System Environment Variables,…then I'll click Environment Variable at the bottom.…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.