MacOS includes PHP, along with the Apache HTTP server, but it requires activation. Learn how to make changes to Apache’s main configuration file, httpd.conf., and activate PHP in this video.
- [Narrator] Mac OS includes PHP…along with the apache http server.…You just have to activate it.…This specific version of PHP…varies with the operating system version.…In Ciara you'll have PHP 5.6.…Once again I'll edit apache's…main configuration file with…sudo nano/etc/apache2/httpd.conf…now I'll search for the string add handler.…
And this takes me to this section…of the configuration file.…In this section you'll want to…add a new directive.…Add handler and then php5-sript and php.…This means that files that have PHP in the name…will be handled with PHP.…Next I'll search for the string PHP.…And I'll find load module command…that refers to php5 module…and to a so file.…And I'll remove the comment character from that directive.…
Notice again that you are using php5…and not php7…because php7 isn't installed automatically…with Mac OS.…Those are all the changes you need…to the apache configuration file.…I'll save and exit.…Next I need to create a PHP configuration file.…This goes in the directory private/etc.…There are a whole bunch of files here…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.