This video gives you an overview about how to live update the comments.
- [Instructor] Alright everybody, now we are to…the last major project that we'll be working on.…With Laravel Echo and Broadcasting.…And that's to actually create the comments…and live update them…so that when someone submits a comment,…it's visible to everyone else reading that post…without doing a page refresh.…We already got the other cool stuff, the presents,…seeing who's in the room,…and how many people are reading,…which I think is already pretty cool enough,…but we're also going to add live commenting on top of that.…So in this video, what we're going to do is…we're going to create a comments interface,…which we don't actually have yet in our application.…That's going to allow users to submit comments,…which unfortunately just doesn't exist yet.…
We're actually going to be submitting them via Ajax…so we are going to need to have API tokens…for all of our users, so we can set up API authentication.…And then we're gonna go through that process,…and then we will get all of the current comments via…an API call when you first load the page.…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.