Use the Outlook 2016 for Mac time zone feature when you are scheduling appointments or meetings in a time zone other than your normal time zone; for example, if you work in California but are setting up meetings for a trip to Detroit.
- [Narrator] I have some meetings…that are actually going to take place elsewhere,…I have meetings in February that will be…in the Central Time Zone, I'll be there this week,…the week of the 20th through the 24th,…and so when I'm scheduling those meetings…in a different time zone than the time zone…my calendar lives in, there's a way that I can mark those,…I don't have to do the time zone math…in my head, which I really appreciate.…So when I create a new appointment,…and my meeting this day is going to be in the afternoon,…4:00 P.M., and it'll probably run until 5:30,…I'm going to choose a time zone,…and my calendar naturally lives…in the Eastern Time Zone, where does that come from?…That comes from my computer, and…I have a couple of choices, actually, on a Mac.…
I can have my time zone update…as I move my laptop around, automatically,…and that's one way to set it up.…The other way is to say no, just leave it…in my time zone that I normally live in,…and if I want to change time zones, I'll do that manually.…I can have a different time zone in Outlook,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.