Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching, part of Managing Your Calendar for Peak Productivity.
- This course is designed to stand alone for anyone looking to improve their calendering practices. However, I do recommend that you view this course in conjunction with my more detailed Time Management Fundamentals course. The two courses working together will help you get the most from your time management. Also, while there are a variety of calendar tools available for you to choose from, during this course I'll be using both Microsoft Office 365 and Google Calendar.
I chose these two because they're some of the most popular products on the market, and also to demonstrate that the principles in this course work regardless of the tool that you use. While some of the fine details may vary if you're using a different calendar tool, please keep in mind that the underlying principles that I share in this course are universal and can be applied to any calendering tool that you choose to use. Let's get started.
- Setting up your calendar
- Adding quick tasks to your calendar
- Scheduling an extended project
- Building in extra time between appointments
- Using a mobile calendar
- Coordinating schedules
- Schedule recurring meetings
- Handling scheduling conflicts
- Creating daily, weekly, and monthly patterns