Join Megan Bross for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Cert Prep: Outlook 2013 Microsoft Office Specialist (77-423).
- [Voiceover] Who should take this course? Anyone who is interested in becoming a Microsoft Office Specialist. If you've been using Outlook 2013 for at least six months and you're comfortable with Outlook's commands and ribbons, then you're a great candidate for this course. It's good to remember that these exams are task based. As you watch the course, you may be familiar with many of the commands. To master Outlook, be sure to study the commands and options you don't commonly use. Since there is a time limit for the exam, this will help you quickly find and use the options that go beyond your current daily use.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton3h 6m Appropriate for all
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
Create and manage groups4m 57s
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.