Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Viewing archive data files, part of Outlook 2013: Efficient Email Management.
- I changed my auto-archive settings…after we were done so that it would…prompt me to auto-archive every single day…and would auto-archive items that were a week old.…And I'm doing this purely for demonstration,…these aren't the settings that I would use…but I wanted you see that when I log in now today,…the next day, I'm being prompted…and this is what it looks like.…"Would you like to auto-archive your old items now?"…And it always feels like "Well... I want to just…jump into the work and get my work started…because it's the beginning of my work day…and I just logged in", but it doesn't…take that long, particularly if you do…it on a regular basis - every week or two weeks.…
If you're not sure what the settings are,…you can click here to see.…And again, these are the settings that I changed…to be able to demonstrate this --…everyday and items older than a week old.…I'm going to click 'yes' to allow it to auto archive.…Notice the archiving progress bar down at the…bottom of our screen and I can go on and…do other work while the archiving is being done.…
AuthorGini von Courter
Find the Outlook 2010 version of this course here.
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Ignoring a conversation
- Tagging messages with flags and categories
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Creating a search folder
- Creating Quick Steps and email rules
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013 Power Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Reviewing Email
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders, Search, and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.