The default Tasks view includes the reading pane, which you can toggle on and off. With the reading pane off, you can add columns to the display and use the column headings to sort the view. Use the filters on the ribbon to show or hide flagged, completed, and overdue items.
- [Instructor] When I switched tasks,…what I'm seeing in this view is the default.…I have the reading pane on the right,…and if I don't wish to display the reading pane…so that I have a little bit more space to be…able to view more columns, then I'm going to go…up to view here, reading pane, and choose hidden.…Notice that there are shortcut keys if you wish.…Remember also that we should be able to toggle this…on and off because we know a keystroke for that,…which is command backslash.…
So I can simply do a command backslash,…or I can go to view and I can hide this.…Now I can see my categories, I can see what folders…these come from, and as we saw earlier,…I can add other information.…So if I wanted to add the start date…as well as the due date, I can do that.…And I can choose how I would like to arrange these.…Like to give this just a little bit more space.…Notice also that I have a choice of…showing or hiding overdue items.…
Red, if I hide that it's gone.…Items that were flagged, so now I'm only going to see…the items that were created right here in tasks.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.