Click the Organize tab and arrange by Conversation to show messages as threads, including related messages from other folders. Other grouping choices include Date Sent, From, and other frequently used fields.
- [Instructor] In addition to sorting and filtering,…I also have access to grouping and we saw a preview of that…in the last movie.…If I click on Organize, the first thing we have…is Conversations, and that's a relatively new and important…type of grouping because what Conversations does is…it keeps a conversation together.…If I want to see a message and its reply,…whether that reply is in this folder or another folder,…I can simply find it with Conversations turned on.…
And if I'm looking at the message and I want to see…the conversation, I can click the Conversations button…in order to see it.…For example, I have a new tweet here, and if I click,…you'll notice that there are a couple…of tweets here in this conversation.…If I choose my email from Nick and I click,…that's all that's there because…I haven't replied to him yet.…And simply clicking on the email again reloads it.…But anytime I have a message in front of me,…I can click here to see its conversation.…
Even if Conversations view is not turned on.…But I like the two of them together,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.