Join Megan Bross for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Cert Prep: Outlook 2016 Microsoft Office Specialist (77-731).
- [Instructor] The exercise files in this course provide hands-on practice, and are free for all members. First, you'll want to download the files to a location on your computer that's easy to find, such as your desktop. When I open the folder, I see a series of folders for each chapter in the course. I'll let you know when it's time to open a file as we work through the course. Everything we'll do in this course will require that you've installed the desktop version of Outlook 2016. You should also have a mailbox established containing messages, contacts, calendar items, and tasks.
Because you'll be looking at your own mailbox, this means that the items that you'll see will be different from what I'll display in my mailbox. You can still follow along with me, but you'll need to practice the task relative to the content you have available. I'll be working with a Microsoft Exchange account, which provides extra functionality you'll find in the exam objectives, such as the ability to use a global address book to view free/busy information for others, the ability to set automatic replies, and the ability to delegate access to my mailbox.
Megan begins with an overview of the certification program, and then walks through all of the certification objectives. As you review each topic, you can use downloadable sample documents to practice as you go. Megan wraps up the course with a full-length practice test that emulates the Outlook 2016 MOS exam, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Comparing the Microsoft Office Specialist certifications
- Reviewing the user interface
- Customizing settings
- Printing and saving information
- Performing search operations in Outlook
- Configuring mail settings
- Automating messages
- Creating messages
- Formatting, organizing, and managing messages
- Creating and managing calendars
- Creating and organizing appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing contacts and groups
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment for Productivity
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.