Join Megan Bross for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Cert Prep: Outlook 2013 Microsoft Office Specialist (77-423).
- [Voiceover] The exercise files in this course provide hands-on practice and are free for all members. First, you'll want to download the files to a location on your computer that's easy to find, such as your desktop. You'll see the exercise files here on my desktop. When I open the folder, I see a series of folders for each chapter in the course. I'll let you know when it's time to open a file as we work through the course. Everything we'll do in this course will require that you've installed the desktop version of Outlook 2013.
You should also have a mailbox established containing messages, contacts, calendar items, and tasks. This means that the items you'll see in your mailbox will be different from what I'll display in my mailbox. You can still follow along with me, but you'll need to practice the tasks relative to the content you have available. I'll be working with a Microsoft Exchange account, which provides extra functionality you'll find in the exam objectives. Some examples include the ability to use a global address list, the ability to view free busy information, the ability to set automatic replies, and the ability to delegate access to my mailbox.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton3h 6m Intermediate
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
Create and manage groups4m 57s
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.