Join Megan Hoffman for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Outlook 2013: Prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist Certification Exam (77-423).
- [Voiceover] The exercise files in this course provide hands-on practice and are free for all members. First, you'll want to download the files to a location on your computer that's easy to find, such as your desktop. You'll see the exercise files here on my desktop. When I open the folder, I see a series of folders for each chapter in the course. I'll let you know when it's time to open a file as we work through the course. Everything we'll do in this course will require that you've installed the desktop version of Outlook 2013.
You should also have a mailbox established containing messages, contacts, calendar items, and tasks. This means that the items you'll see in your mailbox will be different from what I'll display in my mailbox. You can still follow along with me, but you'll need to practice the tasks relative to the content you have available. I'll be working with a Microsoft Exchange account, which provides extra functionality you'll find in the exam objectives. Some examples include the ability to use a global address list, the ability to view free busy information, the ability to set automatic replies, and the ability to delegate access to my mailbox.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam