Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Using custom search folders, part of Outlook 2013: Efficient Email Management.
- If you have a search that you want to perform…over and over again that's not easy for you…to create an instant search,…you might take a look at search folders.…In prior versions of Outlook,…we had three built-in search folders.…Now, there are some suggestions,…but you need to build them yourself.…I'm going to click search folders…here in my navigation pane…and choose new search folder…and here are the built-ins.…I could show me a search folder that gives me…all of my unread mail and that's very easy to do.…
I'm going to say okay, now I have a search folder…that only shows me unread mail.…Now, notice that it consolidates mail not just…from my inbox, but from other folders…and that's the value.…I can see my unread mail by location…and I can work within all of my unread mail very easily.…Let's create another search folder.…I could say unread or flagged for follow up.…Now, we're going to talk about flags in the next section,…but if I haven't read a message or…I've flagged it to be followed up on,…I might like to see all of those because…
AuthorGini von Courter
Find the Outlook 2010 version of this course here.
- Recognize what is involved in effective email management in Outlook.
- Reorganize and view emails according to conversation.
- Cite two ways to mark a message as read or unread.
- Arrange emails by date or according to sender.
- Explain the ways to construct inbox folders.
- Determine how to customize and use specific categories.
- Identify how to create search folders.
- Formulate Quick Steps and email rules.
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Reviewing Email
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders, Search, and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.