Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Using conditional formatting to highlight important messages, part of Outlook 2013: Efficient Email Management.
Another way that I can make my messages…stand out is to use conditional formatting.…In prior versions, I could organize by color.…That was one of my choices.…That's now conditional formatting,…and we're going to find that in the advanced…view settings, so we'll choose view,…and then we will choose view settings,…and the choice is conditional formatting.…Now, this is part of the view,…so if I want to change a particular view…other than compact, I would do this…in the other view, but I'm in this compact…view, and I want to apply conditional formatting.…
There's a lot of conditional formatting…that's already built-in.…For example, when a message is unread,…then you'll recall that it's actually blue,…and it's bold, so this is what it looks like.…Right here.…This custom segoe.…If I have a piece of email that's overdue,…I flagged it, and it's past due, it turns red, and so on.…I want to add another piece of conditional…formatting, and what I want to do, I want to…conditionally format email that comes from…my administrative assistant, so I'm going to click add,…
AuthorGini von Courter
Find the Outlook 2010 version of this course here.
- Recognize what is involved in effective email management in Outlook.
- Reorganize and view emails according to conversation.
- Cite two ways to mark a message as read or unread.
- Arrange emails by date or according to sender.
- Explain the ways to construct inbox folders.
- Determine how to customize and use specific categories.
- Identify how to create search folders.
- Formulate Quick Steps and email rules.
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Reviewing Email
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders, Search, and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.