Join Megan Hoffman for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the challenges, part of Outlook 2013: Prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist Certification Exam (77-423).
- View Offline
- [Instructor] This course contains some hands-on practice activities called challenges. During a challenge, I'll lay out a series of objectives for you to complete on your own. When you're done with a challenge, or if you get stuck, you can check out the matching solution video, where I'll show you how I solved the objective step by step. My best advice is to be curious as you practice your skills during the challenges. After ensuring you can complete a challenge in the given time limit, go back and experiment with other options and settings that appear on the screen. You'll want to be familiar with where the options and settings can be found, and also with what they do to help minimize the time spent completing tasks in the exam setting.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam