Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Using built-in Quick Steps, part of Outlook 2013: Efficient Email Management.
- Quick Steps, which we can see in the center…of the Home Tab on the Ribbon,…perform a series of steps…that you might want to take…with one or more selected email messages.…The easiest way to think of Quick Steps…is that they're like macros that you would write in Excel,…but we're writing them inside of Microsoft Outlook.…There are some built-in Quick Steps,…which require some further definition on your part,…and so, the first time you'll use them,…you'll want to be able to fill in…some information that's required.…Let's take a look at these built-in Quick Steps first.…
One says, To Manager, so I'm going to click To Manager.…First Time Setup dialog box opens.…Who's your Manager is the question so, technically,…the CEO is my Manager, so I could say, To Simone,…or I could say To Manager, and then I could say,…I'm going to forward this message to Simone Lodine,…okay, just like that.…Now, there are other options.…I could add other actions at this point,…which you'll see more about in the next movie,…but this is to Simone.…
AuthorGini von Courter
Find the Outlook 2010 version of this course here.
- Recognize what is involved in effective email management in Outlook.
- Reorganize and view emails according to conversation.
- Cite two ways to mark a message as read or unread.
- Arrange emails by date or according to sender.
- Explain the ways to construct inbox folders.
- Determine how to customize and use specific categories.
- Identify how to create search folders.
- Formulate Quick Steps and email rules.
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Reviewing Email
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders, Search, and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.