Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Using automatic replies, part of Outlook 2013: Efficient Email Management.
- There's a very specific set of rules that…exist that you use when you're out of the office.…It used to be called the Out of Office Assistant,…now it's formally called Automatic Replies, but…most people still call it the Out of Office Assistant.…And these are rules that allow you to set up Outlook…to manage messages that are coming in, whether they're…coming from inside or outside of your network,…your organization, so that you don't return to work…and have a lot of people wondering…why you weren't replying to them.…
To get to Automatic Replies, you click "File,"…and you choose "Automatic Replies," right here.…And, by default, it says "Do not send automatic replies,"…but you want to say "I do want to send automatic replies."…And there are two different choices here.…We're setting up Outlook to say, "This is how we would…"like you to behave while we're out of the office."…Some organizations only want Automatic Reply…sent inside of the organization.…And so whatever your policies are, you want to make sure…that you're taking care of that.…
AuthorGini von Courter
Find the Outlook 2010 version of this course here.
- Recognize what is involved in effective email management in Outlook.
- Reorganize and view emails according to conversation.
- Cite two ways to mark a message as read or unread.
- Arrange emails by date or according to sender.
- Explain the ways to construct inbox folders.
- Determine how to customize and use specific categories.
- Identify how to create search folders.
- Formulate Quick Steps and email rules.
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Reviewing Email
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders, Search, and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.