Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Reading pane, part of Outlook 2013: Efficient Email Management.
- When I'm looking at messages…I like having the reading pane displayed over here…on the right-hand side so that I don't have to…open each message to be able to see it.…And I can do that, I can double click and open them…but that takes more time to move through my messages,…so I like having the reading pane…and I prefer my reading pane on the right-hand side…of the inbox information viewer.…I can adjust the width by dragging…this gray bar back and forth, and I like it…to look about like a page might here.…And this means that I'm not going to have to scroll as much…to be able to read the information…in the information viewer,…because it scrunches it down so that it fits…into whatever space I've given it,…and then I would end up scrolling…back and forth and so on.…
Now, my choices are to have the reading pane turned off,…and that gives me tons of space to be able to…do things like sorting and filtering,…which we'll talk about later.…I can put it on the right, where I prefer it,…or I can place it on the bottom.…Now, many users got used to putting…
AuthorGini von Courter
Find the Outlook 2010 version of this course here.
- Recognize what is involved in effective email management in Outlook.
- Reorganize and view emails according to conversation.
- Cite two ways to mark a message as read or unread.
- Arrange emails by date or according to sender.
- Explain the ways to construct inbox folders.
- Determine how to customize and use specific categories.
- Identify how to create search folders.
- Formulate Quick Steps and email rules.
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Reviewing Email
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders, Search, and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.