Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Mailbox Cleanup, part of Outlook 2013: Efficient Email Management.
- The Clean Up feature is like a prescient form of Ignore.…Rather than directing Outlook to remove…a certain conversation, we're giving Outlook…a little more running room and saying,…"Go check and see, using the tracking information…that's built into e-mail, if there are messages…that are really redundant."…A message, for example, where somebody's saying,…"I agree with this," and somebody else says, "Me too."…Or parallel messages that are sent…at the same time with similar content.…Outlook looks at them and then,…if they exist, it removes them.…
I have a set of messages in one conversation…and we're going to check this and see if we can clean it up.…I'll go to Clean Up > Clean Up Conversation.…A dialogue box opens that reminds me where things are going.…I click Clean Up.…It says it'll apply to all items in…the selected conversation, OK.…At least one of the messages in this conversation…has now been moved to Deleted Items.…We go look, we'll find it there, right here.…To use Clean Up Conversation by conversation…
AuthorGini von Courter
Find the Outlook 2010 version of this course here.
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Ignoring a conversation
- Tagging messages with flags and categories
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Creating a search folder
- Creating Quick Steps and email rules
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013 Power Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Reviewing Email
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders, Search, and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.