Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Instant Search to find a message, part of Outlook 2013: Efficient Email Management.
- If you ever need to find a message…and you have more than just a few messages…in your inbox, you'll want to know about search.…You can browse for a message,…and I find myself doing that.…I think, oh, I know I received it on Tuesday,…so I'm scrolling around, looking,…and I think, oh, maybe it was Monday.…That's not efficient, to be efficient,…we want to use search.…Instant search is right here at the top of your inbox.…You simply click, and a number of things happen.…First, we get a search tab on our ribbon.…
And this allows us quickly to switch…between looking in the current mailbox…or the current folder, or sub-folders, or all Outlook items,…those choices are also here on the drop-down.…You have the choice to quickly say,…"I'm looking for an email from someone.",…or an email that has attachments,…so we can build a search.…We also, then, will be able to look…at the recent searches drop down,…to be able to see searches that we've done recently.…And, we can actually go take a look…at some of the search tools.…You can set options, you can choose where to search,…
AuthorGini von Courter
Find the Outlook 2010 version of this course here.
- Recognize what is involved in effective email management in Outlook.
- Reorganize and view emails according to conversation.
- Cite two ways to mark a message as read or unread.
- Arrange emails by date or according to sender.
- Explain the ways to construct inbox folders.
- Determine how to customize and use specific categories.
- Identify how to create search folders.
- Formulate Quick Steps and email rules.
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Reviewing Email
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders, Search, and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.