Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Advanced Find to locate messages, part of Outlook 2013: Efficient Email Management.
- When you're using Instant Search,…sometimes you'll get way too many results.…You'll get those 250 results or 100 results,…and then you're back to browsing.…Or you may not be getting exactly the results you want.…You may return a set of messages and you say,…"but the one I'm looking for isn't here."…Advanced Find is another tool that you can use…to be able either to narrow down your search…so that you get a smaller search set…or to be much more specific about one of the…fields that is not included in our Refiner here.…
So I've already clicked in Instant Search,…and the Search Tools Ribbon is on.…Here's the Search Tab.…I'm going to go to Search Tools and choose Advanced Find.…And this is a dialog that should seem very familiar…because we see a dialog box a lot like this when…we're doing email management in Microsoft Outlook.…So if you want to, you can choose to use this dialog…to fill in that I'm looking for a message From someone…Where I am the only person, that kind of thing.…But many of those choices, again,…
AuthorGini von Courter
Find the Outlook 2010 version of this course here.
- Recognize what is involved in effective email management in Outlook.
- Reorganize and view emails according to conversation.
- Cite two ways to mark a message as read or unread.
- Arrange emails by date or according to sender.
- Explain the ways to construct inbox folders.
- Determine how to customize and use specific categories.
- Identify how to create search folders.
- Formulate Quick Steps and email rules.
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Reviewing Email
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders, Search, and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.