When you switch between Outlook apps—for example, from the Calendar to Inbox and back—the calendar view resets to the default, showing today. To retain the calendar view, open the Inbox in a new window, and then switch between the open windows.
- [Instructor] When I switch between…the Outlook apps, for example between Mail…and the calendar, then they reset or refresh themselves.…Take a look.…Nick's asking me a question about January.…So I'd like to go take a look at the middle of January.…I switch over to the calendar.…It's November.…I switch forward, and I look at January.…And I can even look at the entire month,…and that would be just fine.…January, Month.…Looks good.…Now I want to go back and see that email again.…
Let's go back to Mail, back to Calendar.…You'll see that the calendar's back to November.…The easy way around this is to open more than one window.…I'm going to go back to email.…But this time, rather than simply switching…to the calendar, I'm going to open a new window…by choosing File, New, Main Window.…Now, I have two sessions of the inbox running.…This one, I'm going to switch to the calendar.…And, I'm going to do what I did last time,…which is to move to January, tell it I'd like…to see the entire month.…
There we go.…Now, how do I get back to the other window?…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.