This video is an overview of shortcut keys to launch Outlook apps and respond to email messages, including ⌘ + N – New message, ⌘ + Return – Send current message, ⌘ + S – Save current message as draft, ⌘ + E – Add attachment, and ⌘ + O – Open message in a new window.
- [Instructor] Before we jump into this…next set of shortcuts, I should tell you that…if you have a premium membership…to the lynda.com training library,…you will find a handout with the shortcuts…that are covered in these movies that you can download.…Let's take a look first, at the shortcuts…that allow us to go directly to an app,…no matter where you are.…If I'm in a calendar,…then Command + 1 will take me to the inbox,…Command + 2 to the calendar, Command + 3 to people,…our contacts app, Command + 4 to tasks,…and Command + 5 will take us to notes.…
The next set of shortcuts are shortcuts that are…associated mostly with how email works,…both for receiving, and a few that are for sending.…First, if I want to create a new message,…then I'm going to do Command + N.…That gives me a new whatever,…so if I'm looking at email,…it will give me a new email message.…If I'm in the calendar,…it will create a new appointment form.…If I want to send the current message I'm working on,…then all I need to do is…hold the Command key and hit Return.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.