This video goes into global shortcuts that work with many applications: ⌘ + S — Save, ⌘ + P – Print, ⌘ + Z – Undo, ⌘ + Y – Redo/repeat, ⌘ + A – select all, ⌘ + M – Minimize window; ⌘ + H – Hide window; Option + ⌘ + R – Show/hide ribbon; ⌘ + Q – Quit; Control + ⌘ + space – Emoji.
- [Instructor] My next top 10 tip is…the shortcuts that work everywhere.…These work throughout Outlook and some of them work…every where you are on the Mac.…When you're working for example in Word or in Excel…or any other application.…Let's take a look at these frequently used shortcuts.…The first is to hold Command and hit the S key…to save whatever it is you're working on,…the current email for example that you're drafting.…To print the current item that you are working with…whether it's a calendar appointment…or an email message,…Command P.…
Command Z to undo the last thing did.…Command Y to redo the thing you just did…or to repeat something if you hadn't undone something.…So, if you undo with Command Z,…and redo with Command Y,…if you haven't undone anything Command Y will repeat.…If you're looking at a list of items,…and you wish to select all of them,…Command A will select all items in a list.…And if you're looking at a window for example…Command A will select all the items there as well.…
Command M minimizes the window you're currently working in…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.