In this video, staff author Jess Stratton introduces users to the People hub, which is the first contacts view in Outlook. She goes over how to use the interface, and how to add a contact as a favorite to access them quickly.
- [Instructor] To access your contacts, click the people icon on the bottom left hand side of the screen. It's going to open up into something called the People Hub. I can see any existing contacts that I have on the screen. I can select one and a preview of all their information appears on the right. I can see any notes that I may have created about that person, and I can send them an email by clicking on the envelope under their name. I can choose several views of looking at my contacts, it defaults to this People Hub, but I can also change to Business Card view, which gives me a card-like interface.
To edit a contact from any view, double-click on them. It's going to bring you in to a much more robust screen where you can edit the fields. I'll click the X in the top right hand side to close out of this. I'm going to go back to the People Hub. You can mark a contact as a favorite, the benefit of this is when I hover my mouse over the People Hub icon on the bottom left hand side, they'll show up on this list. I can then move my mouse over them and send them an email, a phone call, or click the three dots to schedule a meeting with them.
To mark a contact as a favorite, right click and choose add to favorites. Now when I hover my mouse over the people icon again in the peek view, my new favorite contact appears.
- Connecting your email account to Outlook
- Reading mail
- Searching for mail
- Organizing mail with flags, folders, and rules
- Creating and sending new email
- Creating new contacts
- Adding delegates
- Creating meetings and appointments in the Outlook calendar
- Creating tasks
- Backing up Outlook data
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/09/2018. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers the simplified ribbon in Office 365.
1. The Latest Features in Office 365
Simplified ribbon1m 4s
2. Get Started and Connect Accounts
3. Read Mail
4. Organize Mail
5. Create and Send Mail
6. Create and Work with People
7. Work with Delegates
8. Work with the Calendar
9. Work with Tasks and Outlook Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.