When you are composing a message, Outlook automatically saves your work to the Drafts folder on a periodic basis. To force Outlook to save a draft now, click Save. Use the Drafts folder to create a boilerplate message for reuse.
- [Instructor] I'm in the middle of creating…an email message…and I don't really have time to finish it right now.…I have entered some basic information.…Perhaps, I've entered a subject.…I haven't addressed it yet…and I want to save the progress that I've made so far.…Easy enough to do.…Simply click the Save button and then I close this.…And this message actually is living in my Drafts folder now.…When I'm ready to work on it,…I can come back, open it up, and continue.…
Times that I might want to do this besides the normal times…when I in the middle of doing something I realize…I probably should stop and move on to something else…or times that I've written an email and I'm…really thinking maybe if I slept on it,…I'd have a different tone or a different approach tomorrow.…I learned the hard way that when I'm writing an email…particularly about something that I'm…emotionally involved with…that I don't indicate who it's to,…I leave this text box empty until the very end.…
Because if I just make one mistake and I send…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.