Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding how archiving works for you, part of Outlook 2013: Efficient Email Management.
- As I'm using Microsoft Outlook…and I'm creating items and receiving items,…creating new contacts, new calendar appointments.…Receiving more e-mails, some of them have attachments,…the space that my mailbox is taking up is growing.…In order to manage the space in my mailbox…and on the mail server, what I can do…is I can either delete some items or I can move old items…into some less critical storage,…the back-burner so to speak,…and that is called Archiving.…
If we looked at older versions of Outlook…and some other e-mail programs as well,…you have an Outlook file that's stored on a server…and if you're setting it up in cached mode;…C-A-C-H-E-D, cached mode.…Then that means that locally you have a version of that…and it's stored in an Outlook data file.…So your mail is stored in two places, for most of us.…It's stored on the Exchange Server…and then it's also stored locally.…And if I want to be able to move some of this,…to Archive it, it's really to save space…on the Exchange server because that's the common resource…
AuthorGini von Courter
Find the Outlook 2010 version of this course here.
- Recognize what is involved in effective email management in Outlook.
- Reorganize and view emails according to conversation.
- Cite two ways to mark a message as read or unread.
- Arrange emails by date or according to sender.
- Explain the ways to construct inbox folders.
- Determine how to customize and use specific categories.
- Identify how to create search folders.
- Formulate Quick Steps and email rules.
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Reviewing Email
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders, Search, and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.