Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Turning Focused Inbox on and off, part of Learning Outlook for Mac 2016.
- Depending on when you watch this course, if you're a…Microsoft Insider, you may have a feature in your version…of Outlook for Mac called focused inbox.…If you're a Gmail user, it's similar to marking an email…important in Gmail.…Outlook will learn who you correspond with the most,…and put those messages in a tabbed interface…labeled focused.…That tab is located at the top of the message list.…Everything else gets put in the other tab,…so those messages are out of sight until you're ready…to go through them.…
You can move back and forth between the tabs.…If something has been marked as other, and you'd like to…see it in focused,…secondary click on the message and choose…move to focused for just that message,…or always move to focused for that sender.…You can also do this with messages that are in the…focused inbox.…If it's not important, I can secondary click on it,…and choose move to other.…You can also turn off using focused inbox completely.…There are two ways to do that.…The first one is to click on how the messages are currently…
- Adding email accounts
- Reading mail
- Organizing mail
- Creating, replying to, and forwarding email
- Creating new contacts and groups
- Creating appointments and meetings
- Adding a signature to email
Skill Level Beginner
Office for Mac 2016 New Featureswith David Rivers1h 31m Beginner
1. Working with Email
2. Working with People
3. Working with the Calendar
4. Working with Outlook Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.