While composing an email message, click the Attach button to choose a recently opened file, or navigate to a folder to choose a file. Other methods include draging and dropping a document into the message body, dragging and dropping an image file into the message header to attach it, or into the message body to add the image to the message.
- [Female Speaker] Let's check out some methods…for attaching documents to email messages.…We'll begin by creating a new email…and you probably already know how…to attach a file here.…If you click the attach button…you can choose different locations.…It will also let you choose documents…that you have opened recently, that's fine.…That's the typical way that we do this,…but we have some other options.…First I can grab a document…from the desktop or here...…
and drag it,…and if I drop it and it's a document,…notice it immediately attaches.…Now if I use an image, though,…this is an image file, and I drop it here,…it's not going to attach.…It's actually going to become the background.…So that's not exactly what I want to do,…and undoing doesn't do much good here.…I ended up having to delete the image.…If I want to be able to attach…an image, instead of dropping it here,…move it up here.…
Notice that when I'm in the header area…I get a blue border around the text boxes…and if I drop it there, now it's an attachment.…It doesn't have to be on my desktop.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.