Add personal details to the Outlook 2016 for Mac contact form to track anniversaries, birthdays, names of family members, and up to eight custom columns. Paste ad hoc info on the Notes tab.
- [Instructor] You can easily track a lot…of details about folks.…For example, if I know Tammy's birthdate…or I know other information like her work anniversary…or her spouse or partner's name, different interests,…her kids' names, and also I have these custom columns…that I can add anything I'd like to.…I have up to eight of them here.…And I can enter information…in Custom 1, Custom 2, and so on.…Or other dates.…I might be using Anniversary as a work anniversary,…but I want to use Date 1 as the annual evaluation date,…or Date 2 as a personal anniversary.…
To add any of that information, simply click here.…Birthdays, you don't need to know what year someone's born.…All you need to know is their birthday, not their birthdate,…and you can enter any year because it doesn't matter.…You can get birthday reminders…or view a birthday calendar if you want to make sure…that you're entering a date that no one would believe.…You can enter, for example, 1901 or some other year.…Again, the year itself doesn't matter.…But it makes her really old if I add just 01.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.