Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Tips for coordinating schedules, part of Managing Your Calendar for Peak Productivity.
- [Instructor] Coordinating meeting schedules for many…people can be a real challenge.…Often, it can feel like you're putting together…a jigsaw puzzle without having all the pieces…in front of you.…Well, in fact, that's the key.…Getting all the pieces in front of everyone,…as well as choosing one meeting organizer, one person…who's going to put all the pieces together in the puzzle.…For this video, we'll assume that three people…are trying to coordinate a meeting…using three different tools.…
However, if we were in a situation such as where…everyone was using Outlook, that would make it much…easier because we all would be looking at the same…schedule and we can use things like Outlook's…built-in scheduling assistant where I can add people…from the organization and we can compare…their times side-by-side.…But in the absence of a situation like that where…I'm trying to schedule someone from LinkedIn, and they're…trying to schedule someone from Landon Hotels,…we probably should use a third party app.…
There are a couple of apps that I have used and…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting up your calendar
- Adding quick tasks to your calendar
- Scheduling an extended project
- Building in extra time between appointments
- Using a mobile calendar
- Coordinating schedules
- Schedule recurring meetings
- Handling scheduling conflicts
- Creating daily, weekly, and monthly patterns