- [Instructor] Coordinating meeting schedules for many…people can be a real challenge.…Often, it can feel like you're putting together…a jigsaw puzzle without having all the pieces…in front of you.…Well, in fact, that's the key.…Getting all the pieces in front of everyone,…as well as choosing one meeting organizer, one person…who's going to put all the pieces together in the puzzle.…For this video, we'll assume that three people…are trying to coordinate a meeting…using three different tools.…
However, if we were in a situation such as where…everyone was using Outlook, that would make it much…easier because we all would be looking at the same…schedule and we can use things like Outlook's…built-in scheduling assistant where I can add people…from the organization and we can compare…their times side-by-side.…But in the absence of a situation like that where…I'm trying to schedule someone from LinkedIn, and they're…trying to schedule someone from Landon Hotels,…we probably should use a third party app.…
There are a couple of apps that I have used and…
- Recognize the pitfall of having too many calendars.
- Recall the benefits of leaving 15 minutes of cushion for each task during a busy week.
- Name the best ratio for meetings to actual work for the average person.
- Relate “time abhors a vacuum” to scheduling meetings.
- List what you should schedule during your maximum productivity hours.
- Explain how you should manage your calendar during the busiest time of the year.