Two basic ways to address email are to use your address books, or type part or all of an email address. To use address books, click the To button, choose the appropriate People folder, and double-click to add the person to the list. Begin typing the name and either choose it from the pick list provided, or type the entire email address.
- [Instructor] Some quick tips…for addressing email messages.…Let's click New Email to open up…a new email message.…Two basic ways that I can address email.…One is to use my address books.…I have several of them,…and you'll see icons here for address books…at the right end of the To: and Cc: text boxes.…If I click Options and turn on BCC,…it gets one too.…And by the way, if I turn BCC on,…I don't have to do that in every message.…
Once I've done that,…it will appear until I turn it back off again.…I'm going to click the To: button,…and I have a Search People box here now.…Notice that I can search,…when it says Folders it means people folders,…or contact folders.…The Landon Hotel Directory,…my list of meeting rooms,…I have a contact group called CRM Consults,…Contacts, and then my Address Book.…And I can search on either name fields only,…or all fields.…So, if I have this set to search, for example,…all fields or names and I start entering…information and it says,…'Oh, I don't have anything'.…
Well, then let's just go up to all folders because,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.