Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Sorting and filtering in a view, part of Outlook 2013: Efficient Email Management.
- When we're working with a view,…not only can we add columns and delete columns…and choose different presentations, we can also…sort, and we can explicitly filter.…We already know how to sort.…If we're looking, for example, at a single or preview…so that we can see the columns, we can click, for example,…to sort, or we can choose a sorting arrangement…here in the Arrangement Group.…To filter, we go to the Home tab,…and way over here on the right in the Find group,…we have Filter Email, and we have some choices.…
The very first one is Unread, and you…don't have to come here to find that.…It's right here.…Show me my unread messages, show me all of my messages.…So if I'm looking, for example, at my view,…that's my compact view.…Looks good, and I want to see which ones are unread.…Notice I click on Unread, and ones that are read are hidden.…All is, "show me everybody, read or unread."…But if I go back to the Home tab and I choose…Filter Email, look at these other choices.…"Show me the emails that have attachments,"…
AuthorGini von Courter
Find the Outlook 2010 version of this course here.
- Recognize what is involved in effective email management in Outlook.
- Reorganize and view emails according to conversation.
- Cite two ways to mark a message as read or unread.
- Arrange emails by date or according to sender.
- Explain the ways to construct inbox folders.
- Determine how to customize and use specific categories.
- Identify how to create search folders.
- Formulate Quick Steps and email rules.
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Reviewing Email
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders, Search, and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.