Join Megan Bross for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Manage messages, part of Cert Prep: Outlook 2013 Microsoft Office Specialist (77-423).
- [Voiceover] So here is my approach…to the Chapter 3 Challenge.…Let's see if I can complete all the tasks within 10 minutes.…Task one is Create a new email message…to Chong and Cecilia.…Subject is Lunch Options.…Body is "Please use the voting buttons,…"and choose a sandwich option for our meeting."…I'll configure the voting options to include three choices:…turkey, ham and veggie.…And then I'll send the message.…In Outlook, I'll click New Mail.…In To, I'll enter Chong's name, click Check Names,…then enter Cecilia and I'll pick her name from the pop-up.…
Subject is Lunch Options.…Body text is "Please use the voting buttons,…"and choose a sandwich option for our meeting."…I'll click Options, Use Voting Buttons, Custom,…delete the default text,…type Turkey; Ham; Veggie.…I'll click Close and send the message.…That completes task one.…Task two reads: Create a new mail category called Meetings.…
Set the color as Dark Gray.…I'll click Categorize, click All Categories,…click New, type Mettings,…click the Color down arrow,…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton3h 6m Intermediate
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
Create and manage groups4m 57s
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.