Join Megan Hoffman for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Manage contacts and groups, part of Cert Prep: Outlook 2013 Microsoft Office Specialist (77-423).
- [Voiceover] Here is my approach to the challenge…for Chapter 5.…Let's see if I can complete all the tasks…within a 10-minute time limit.…First, I'll remove Jonathan Perfington…from the New Employees Contact Group.…So I'm in Outlook, I'm displaying the People module,…and I'll double-click the New Employees Contact Group.…I'll choose Jonathan Perfington…and then click Remove Member from the ribbon.…Then I'll save and close.…This completes task number one.…For task two I'll forward Cecilia's contact to Chong…as a Business Card, and I'll send the message.…
I'll right-click on Cecilia's contact,…choose Forward Contact, choose As a Business Card,…enter in Chong's information,…click his name and email address from the pop-up,…and then click Send.…This completes task number two.…For number three I'll create a new contact group…named Remodel Project Team.…I'll add Ryan and Harold to the group,…and then save the group.…I'll click New Contact Group,…type the name Remodel Project Team,…click Add Members, From Outlook Contacts.…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton3h 6m Appropriate for all
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
Create and manage groups5m 2s
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.