Join Megan Bross for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Manage the Outlook environment, part of Cert Prep: Outlook 2013 Microsoft Office Specialist (77-423).
- [Voiceover] So here's my approach…to the Chapter 2 Challenge.…Let's see if I can complete all the tasks within 10 minutes.…So I've already opened…02_06_ChallengeInstructions.docx on the screen.…Task one instructs me to move Tasks before People…in the Navigation Options.…I'll click the More Options at the bottom of the screen,…choose Navigation Options,…choose Tasks, click Move Up,…and click OK.…Task two, create an automatic reply…starting tomorrow from 7am until 6pm…for people inside and outside my organization that states,…"I am currently out of the office.…
"Please contact Brian Goode for immediate assistance,…"303-211-5542."…I'll click File, Automatic Replies,…check Send automatic replies,…check Only during this time range,…choose tomorrow's date,…set the start time to 7am,…set the end time to 6pm,…and type the message in Inside My Organization.…I'll enter the text, "I am currently out of the office."…I'll also add, "Please contact Brian Goode…"for immediate assistance."…And I'll add the phone number,…303-211-5542.…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing settings, automating Outlook, printing and saving, and searching in Outlook. Learn how to manage messages, including creating, formatting, and organizing messages, and manage schedules, including creating and managing the calendar, appointments, meetings, and events. Learn to manage notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and groups.
Challenges exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Customizing Outlook settings
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting messages
- Creating new calendars
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Creating contacts and groups
- Importing contacts
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton3h 6m Intermediate
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Manage Messages
4. Manage Schedules
5. Manage Contacts and Groups
Create and manage groups4m 57s
6. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.