In this video, author Megan Hoffman reviews her approach to the challenge on managing Calendar objects including creating and managing appointments, events, and meetings and managing the calendar.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] Here's my approach…to the Chapter 6 Challenge.…Let's see if I can complete the task…within the five minute time frame.…Task one reads "Create a secondary…calendar named Personal Schedule…and overlay it with your calendar."…I'll click the Calendar.…Right click on My Calendar,…choose New Calendar, type the name Personal Schedule,…click OK.…I'll click the box to display the personal schedule,…and then I'll click the overlay arrow.…
This completes task one.…I'll go ahead and deselect the Person Schedule…before moving on to task two.…You won't normally have to do that…during the exam because the screen…will reset for you between tasks.…Task two is, "Create a calendar group called My Team.…Add Cecillia, Leslie and Safeek to the group."…I'll click Calendar Groups,…Create New Calendar Group,…name it My Team, press Enter,…I'll double click on Cecillia,…double click on Leslie, and double click Safeek.…
I'll click OK to display the group calendar.…This completes task two, and I'll go ahead…and deselect the My Team calendar before moving on.…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Megan then explains how to manage the Outlook environment by customizing the interface, printing and saving information, and searching in Outlook. Next, learn how to manage email messages (including creating, formatting, and organizing messages), create contacts, and manage calendars (including appointments, meetings, and events). Finally, find out how to work with notes, tasks, and journal entries.
Challenge exercises are included along the way, and the course concludes with a full-length practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Managing the Outlook environment
- Printing and saving information
- Creating and formatting email messages
- Creating Quick Steps
- Cleaning up the inbox
- Managing rules
- Creating contacts and groups
- Creating appointments, events, and meetings
- Managing tasks and notes
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage the Outlook Environment
3. Create and Format Item Content
4. Manage Email Messages
5. Manage Contacts
✓ Solution: Manage contacts3m 18s
6. Manage Calendar Objects
Manipulate the Calendar pane8m 45s
7. Work with Tasks, Notes, and Journal Entries
8. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.