In this video, staff instructor Jess Stratton explains the new simplified and condensed ribbon in Outlook, which puts all the most commonly used features on one line for quick and easy access.
- [Instructor] Outlook for Office 365 is always getting constant updates, new feature updates, and bug fixes. You may notice one day that after a new update, your Outlook looks like this. That is, all the ribbon items on one line. This is different than mine. Outlook going forward will look like this, in which the most commonly used ribbon items, that is, things that you'll be using on a day to day basis, are easy to access on one line. If you're not sure what a button does, you can hover your mouse over it and it's going to tell you.
You can also look for these down arrows to get a more complete list of choices for things that you can do with each message. This isn't going to change my course going forward. You just may have to click on some of these arrows to get to where I'm going. If you do prefer to use the full ribbon, you can. All the way on the right hand side of the screen, click the down arrow and it's going to expand to the full ribbon that you're used to and what matches mine on the screen. Otherwise, you can click the down arrow to get the new, condensed ribbon for Outlook.
- Connecting your email account to Outlook
- Reading mail
- Searching for mail
- Organizing mail with flags, folders, and rules
- Creating and sending new email
- Creating new contacts
- Adding delegates
- Creating meetings and appointments in the Outlook calendar
- Creating tasks
- Backing up Outlook data
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/09/2018. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers the simplified ribbon in Office 365.
1. The Latest Features in Office 365
Simplified ribbon1m 4s
2. Get Started and Connect Accounts
3. Read Mail
4. Organize Mail
5. Create and Send Mail
6. Create and Work with People
7. Work with Delegates
8. Work with the Calendar
9. Work with Tasks and Outlook Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.