Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting AutoArchive options, part of Outlook 2013: Efficient Email Management.
- In previous versions of Outlook,…AutoArchive was turned on automatically.…In Outlook 2013, AutoArchive is not automatically turned on.…However, if you are upgrading, for example,…from Outlook 2007 and you were archiving in that version,…it will be turned on here…because your mailbox already knows to archive.…You can change the AutoArchive settings.…You can change where your files are kept,…you can change how long it takes…before something is eligible for archiving,…and you can change how frequently archiving happens…and all of those settings are in the Options.…
So we choose File then Options and click Advanced…to get to the AutoArchive settings button right here.…And click to open this dialogue box.…If you just turn this on you will have…all the default settings for archiving automatically.…And they will go to a folder on your local drive,…which is required, you can't send these,…for example, to a network share.…You have to save these in a file on your local computer.…So, what I have when I turn this on, is an archive that,…
AuthorGini von Courter
Find the Outlook 2010 version of this course here.
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Ignoring a conversation
- Tagging messages with flags and categories
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Creating a search folder
- Creating Quick Steps and email rules
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013 Power Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Reviewing Email
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders, Search, and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.