You can select Outlook > Preferences to set calendar options for work days and times, the default reminder duration, the time zone for new events, the weather display, and to allow attendees to propose a new time for a meeting.
- [Instructor] Before we leave the calendar,…let's take a look at the calendar options.…Choose Outlook, preferences,…and here are my calendar options under other.…We ducked in here earlier to see the time zone,…but this is where you set up the calendar…to really work around your schedule.…For example, my workday starts at 11 o' clock…in the morning and ends at 8 o' clock at night,…and I work every day but Monday and Tuesday.…That's what this would look like.…
And the first day of my week, then,…I might want to put on a Wednesday.…Notice the adjustments being made to…the calendar as I change things right here.…Now if we fall into a week view for example,…you might notice that my time off,…or where calendar starts, whipped right up here to…11 o'clock in the morning as soon as I change that.…If I change that to 12 and modify…it as I save it, it will change.…Now I'd like to change this back.…So I'm going to keep this sort of normal schedule,…let's do nine to seven at least.…
And the first day of my week I'm going to have on Monday,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.