The powerful search feature we saw in Outlook 2016 for Mac email is also available in the calendar. Search for a person, and the results include all the meetings where they are included. Use the refiners on the Search tab to further limit search results.
- [Narrator] I know somewhere I have an appointment.…I just made it, and I can't remember where I put it,…but it's a meeting with Yolanda, so I want to find it.…Check this out, I have such a rich search here,…and we're used to this from our email,…a really great search, I can search the current folder.…I don't have any other sub-folders here, so that's on…by default, but it's the only choice.…I can search all events, that's the calendar,…all items, that includes email and everything else,…but if I wanted to search all events in all calendars,…that would be right here, as opposed to current folder.…
I can determine that I'd like to search the subject…or anything else, and I can say subject contains Yolanda.…Check it out.…Just like that, got to love it.…Now, if I double click, I have an appointment form…behind that that I can look at, no problem at all.…There's the appointment that I just created.…When I close search, I'll fall back…to my normal calendar view.…Now, the cool thing here is that if I have meetings…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.