Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Schedule speedy meetings, part of Managing Your Calendar for Peak Productivity.
- [Instructor] One principle of 21st century…time management success is to not maximize using…all the time you have available but to actually…underspend your time.…This leaves you prepared for inevitable interruptions.…It helps you have transition and possibly travel time…to the next meeting and it allows you to digest…what you just discussed in a meeting.…Additionally, it just helps everyone be more focused…in the meeting knowing that there's a specific stop time.…
It may even help remove that busy tag that so many…people wear on their forehead.…A simple way that we can do that rests in how…you schedule meetings.…In short, we schedule meetings to take place in less…than 30 or 60 minute increments.…Google Calendar smartly has the solution built right in.…If you go into the settings and scroll down just…a little bit, you'll see something that says…speedy meetings under default event duration.…
When I click that you'll notice that it changes…the default from 60 to 50 minutes, or it changes it…from 30 to 25 minutes.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting up your calendar
- Adding quick tasks to your calendar
- Scheduling an extended project
- Building in extra time between appointments
- Using a mobile calendar
- Coordinating schedules
- Schedule recurring meetings
- Handling scheduling conflicts
- Creating daily, weekly, and monthly patterns