Learn how calendar complex and extended projects. In this video, Dave Crenshaw demonstrates how to work backwards from the final deadline and create milestones along the way.
- [Narrator] What if we're dealing with something that…is more complex or long-term?…In this situation we're not talking about a single task,…but many tasks that may be dependent upon each other.…In this case I've received an email from Carlos asking me…to create a training program for the Customer Service reps.…The first question that I want to ask is:…When is the latest it will be done?…And thankfully Carlos made it clear it's September 29th.…
I'm going to go to my calender to that date September 29th,…and I don't want to put my completion date…right up to the edge.…I'm going to go back a few days in fact let's just go back…one week and put it on September 22nd.…Then I'm going to create an appointment for myself…that says Deliver completed Training Program to Carlos.…Now that would be nice if that was all we needed to do.…But there is a lot more that needs…to be completed here right?…So the next step is to consider what is the midway point…between now and this completion date, roughly.…
Since September 22nd is roughly six months from now,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting up your calendar
- Adding quick tasks to your calendar
- Scheduling an extended project
- Building in extra time between appointments
- Using a mobile calendar
- Coordinating schedules
- Schedule recurring meetings
- Handling scheduling conflicts
- Creating daily, weekly, and monthly patterns