Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving a view, part of Outlook 2013: Efficient Email Management.
- If I've added columns to a view…and if I have sorted it, I can keep that…set of columns in that sort order as a custom view.…So I'm going to go to Preview,…and rearrange these columns so that I have…RECEIVED between FROM and the SUBJECT.…So we'll just give this a little bit more room.…And I want to sort this by who they're from…and that's what I would like this view to look like.…So I am going to choose Change View,…Save Current View as a New View,…and this is By Sender.…
Now, I can have this available…for all kinds of mail folders.…I might want to have this in my Sent Items folder.…If I send from more than one account,…I might want to have this available someplace else,…in a folder I create in my Inbox.…So if I want this available in other places…I can just save it this way.…If not, I can make it available only on my Inbox…and only to me.…And since I'm the only person looking in my Inbox,…there's no real distinction here.…But if I were to give delegate access…to someone else to use my Inbox,…or to give them permission to see it…
AuthorGini von Courter
Find the Outlook 2010 version of this course here.
- Recognize what is involved in effective email management in Outlook.
- Reorganize and view emails according to conversation.
- Cite two ways to mark a message as read or unread.
- Arrange emails by date or according to sender.
- Explain the ways to construct inbox folders.
- Determine how to customize and use specific categories.
- Identify how to create search folders.
- Formulate Quick Steps and email rules.
Skill Level Beginner
Outlook 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Gini von Courter3h 55m Intermediate
1. Reviewing Email
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders, Search, and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.