To reply to or forward part, but not all, of a message, select the text you wish to include in the reply or forwarded message before clicking Reply, Reply All, or Forward.
- [Instructor] This tip is first…because it's my very favorite tip for Outlook for the Mac,…and that is the ability to quickly and easily reply…using just part of a message…or forward just part of a message.…I have an email here from Nick, and he's indicating…that his organization has just received a $10 million gift…and he's looking for well-positioned managers…who want to dedicate time with students.…I want to just forward this part of my message.…I don't want to forward the information…that's catching up with Nick personally.…
So I'll start by selecting…and then I'll simply click Forward.…And notice that I have a new message form…and it forwards just as it normally would…with only one exception: the only portion of the text…that is included is the portion that I had selected.…I'm going to close this.…And this works in the same way…if I choose to reply or reply all.…Why might I do this?…Because there's a very long message thread…with a lot of information and I want to make sure…that Nick knows I'm replying to just this item.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.