To add a new contact in Outlook 2016 for Mac, you can click New Contact and complete the form. Even easier, in an email message, you can click the contact's name, and then click the contact card icon to create a new contact.
- [Instructor] To add a new contact, simple enough,…simply click New Contact.…I get a new blank contact…and can click and fill in information.…That's possibility one.…Under New Items, notice I also have the ability…to create a contact here.…But there's a sneakier and better way to create contacts.…For example, if I want to add Nick Allen…to my list of contacts, right here,…if I click it says Presence Unknown.…There's just not a lot of information.…
I'm going to open the contact card.…Notice that it automatically moved Nick's name…and Nick's work email address into this contact already.…Now, if I minimize this and I had some other information…about Nick right here,…I could've copied this previously if I wished.…I'll open this back up.…And I can go to Notes and paste it in there.…That's kind of cool.…Organizational information.…
It's actually looking for this in the directory.…But if I go back to my notes, and Nick's at MIT,…and I can select this,…cut it,…paste it.…There's his job title.…Paste it.…By dropping it in the notes,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Finding a contact in seconds flat
- Decluttering your inbox
- Creating text shortcuts with AutoCorrect
- Power searching in mail and calendar
- Dealing with junk mail
- Setting up out-of-office replies
- Saving a search for reuse
- Creating recurring appointments and tasks
- Backing up Outlook data with Time Machine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Top 10 Shortcuts
2. Shortcuts for Organizing Email
3. Shortcuts for Sending and Replying
4. Shortcuts for the Calendar
5. Shortcuts for Contacts
6. Shortcuts for Tasks
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.