Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Process junk mail and phishing attempts, part of Outlook.com Essential Training (2016).
- [Instructor] Outlook.com gives us a few…options for dealing with unwanted mail.…Junk mail is definitely unwanted.…Junk mail is different from clutter.…Because clutter are things that we still want to read,…they're just considered unimportant…and can wait to be read.…Junk mail is also spam.…We don't want to see it at all.…If it's junk mail, you can find the message…that you want to mark as junk…and click junk at the very top of the screen.…But if I click the down arrow next to it…I get some more options.…
In addition to marking it as junk,…I can also flag it as a phishing scam.…Meaning an email trying to get…personal information out of me.…Or I can also report a friends email…that has been hacked.…These abuse reports will be routed to…the appropriate place based on what you pick.…In addition to that, there's something else…that you might see while you're…navigating through your email.…Sometimes Outlook.com uses its judgement…and clever algorithms to hide photos…and other content for your protection.…
Like its done here.…
- Changing the theme and display settings
- Composing, formatting, and drafting messages
- Working with attachments and photos
- Viewing or editing Office documents while replying
- Organizing mail into folders
- Archiving, deleting, and restoring mail
- Working with Clutter
- Using categories to classify mail
- Creating rules for processing mail
- Adding email accounts to Outlook.com
- Creating a mail signature
- Working with the Calendar
- Using Skype instant messaging
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Get Started with Outlook.com
2. Send, Read, and Reply to Messages
3. Organize and Search Mail
4. Manage Your Outlook.com Account and Settings
Create a mail signature1m 53s
5. Work with People
6. Work with the Calendar
7. Use Other Features of Outlook.com
Use add-ins with Outlook.com2m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.